//Art Li and Stuff: A piece of paradise

Monday, February 24, 2014

A piece of paradise

I just had my very first beach visit for this year last weekend and it was amazing. :)  Never have I thought of visiting the beautiful island of Mindoro. I don't know, it was just not as appealing as Puerto Princessa or El Nido or Coron or Camiguin Island to me before but now, I feel the urging need to go back. 。◕‿◕。 White beach, Puerto Galera is the very first beach I've visited that has very clear water that I could totally see my feet and the sand under the waters I'm walking in. And I love the gradual appearance of the water's colors from turquoise to light blue to cobalt blue to dark shade of blue that appears to be the deep spot of the ocean. God, I love this place! >.<


White beach, Puerto Galera, Oriental Mindoro
Copyright © February 2014

Getting there is a 3-4 hour trip from Quezon City. Just take a bus going to Batangas Pier and take a boat going to White Beach, Puerto Galera. When my sisters planned this trip I was told it was a ferry and when the day of the trip came I didn't know I was in for the surprise of my life. T.T  When I saw the huge boat, I whispered to my self "There's no way in hell I'm gonna ride that" and then I gave my sister a sharp look that could really hurt her if only looks are made of a sharp knife [sigh] Oh well, I kind of realized that there's no other means of transportation going to the island so I just sucked it in and went on the freakin' boat. >.< Then when I sat down I whispered to my boyfriend "This isn't a ferry! This is a huge boat!" and then he smiled and then told our friend who came with us that I'm scared (he kind of assumed that and he was right!) and told me that it's going to be alright.  And I was thinking (more like assuming) that it will only take 30-45 minutes to get there. (I mean, how far can Mindoro be?) I was wrong again. It was like 2 hours and more because the boat needed to dock at Muelle because most of the passengers are not going to White beach, but to Muelle! >.< But then, the sight is totally gorgeous! So that kind of washed my fears away. The water is so beautiful and the minute that I got off that boat, I said to my self "Talk about paradise". The excruciating boat ride is so totally worth it! Ha! :)

 

White beach, Puerto Galera, Oriental Mindoro 
Copyright © February 2014


White beach, Puerto Galera, Oriental Mindoro 
Copyright © February 2014


White beach, Puerto Galera, Oriental Mindoro 
Copyright © February 2014


White beach, Puerto Galera, Oriental Mindoro 
Copyright © February 2014


Clear waters.. White sand.. 
Copyright © February 2014


Sweetness and me 
Copyright © February 2014


The water was cold that day..
Copyright © February 2014


One of the most gorgeous sunsets I've ever seen -____-
Copyright © February 2014

Too bad we could only stay for one night and we were eager to see the fire dance show which is kind of ironic because we missed it! T.T My sweetness, our friend and I dozed off just after dinner.  My sisters and younger brother got to see it though, and they have photos and videos! And I hate them -_____- [bitter me].

We stayed at White Beach Resort. I have to say their rate is fine. But it goes up on peak season. Its good that we went there on a February, because the difference in rates is a little too much for me.  There are many resorts in this place but still, make sure you make reservations before your trip, or you may end up sleeping in the sand (and I'm not even sure if that's legal there.)  There are many bars and places to eat and the pricing is a little high so if you're on a tight budget, bring some snacks/food of your own.  There are also activities like Banana boat ride, Jetski rental, Parasailing, Island hopping, etc and we decided to do the island hopping the next day (details on a separate post) 。◕‿◕。

This place is like a paradise to me.  I hope to come back someday and not just for an overnight stay. And I swear I won't miss the fire dance next time! And will definitely pack up the courage to try snorkeling! Haha!

More photos on my flickr.

  "Where there is desire, there is gonna be a flame.. Where there is a flame, someone's bound to get burned..♫ 
~  Try - Pink


No comments:

Post a Comment