//Art Li and Stuff: Da Vinci's Workshop

Friday, October 11, 2013

Da Vinci's Workshop

I have always admired Leonardo Da Vinci's work since I was little. Maybe its because I'm a geek. Lol! But seriously, he's inventions, ideas, paintings are all fascinating to me.  :) So when I heard that an exhibit about his inventions and paintings is here in Manila, I just couldn't miss it.

My sweetness and I wanted to visit the exhibit on a weekend but I think it was wise that we didn't because there are a lot of people in malls every Saturdays and Sundays and the exhibit is being held inside one so we decided to visit a thursday. We were the only ones there and it kind of felt like a private viewing. XD  We were toured by one of the exhibit's guides (I forgot his name T.T), and he was very accommodating and friendly.

I've read books about Leonardo and what I admire most about him is the fact that even though he's an illegitimate child (which are deprived of formal education back in the renaissance time), it didn't stop him to become one of the greatest man this world has ever known. His constant curiosity with everything pushed him to invent machines and equipment that proved to be very useful up to this day.


Copyright © October 2013



Da Vinci's obsession with flying led him to invent a lot of flying machines. He even had an
idea of the parachute but like many of his ideas it was never built and tested by Da Vinci himself.

Copyright © October 2013


Da Vinci's Ideal City.  This ideal city has a canal system that serves as a sewage system.
Copyright © October 2013


Life preserver and Flippers.  The life preserver is actually made out of wood and the flippers
are modeled after ducks feet.

Copyright © October 2013


Copyright © October 2013


Da vinci's industrial equipment inventions. We were told that the one on the right was
made for blacksmiths.
Copyright © October 2013


Copyright © October 2013


The Virgin of the Rocks
Copyright © October 2013


Vitruvian Man | The Mona Lisa
Copyright © October 2013


The last supper
Copyright © October 2013


Copyright © October 2013



Room full of mirrors. My sweetness and I actually kind of liked this :)
Copyright © October 2013



Da Vinci's sketches of the Human Anatomy
Copyright © October 2013


Da Vinci's Armored tank
Copyright © October 2013

The tour was educational and I do recommend it especially to kids.  Most of the prototypes are movable which would make you understand more how Da Vinic's inventions work.  The exhibit is located at 2nd level exhibit hall southside entertainment mall, SM Mall of Asia. They're open until January 2014. Visit Da Vinci's Workshop PH for more information.


No comments:

Post a Comment