//Art Li and Stuff: What-to-do List: 2013 Goals

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

What-to-do List: 2013 Goals


It always seem impossible. Until it is done.
- Nelson Mandela

I have always liked that quote.  I always mutter those words to myself whenever I am disheartened to start a project or lose the confidence to finish something that I started, thinking all negative that I'm not gonna be able to finish it..  Which is weird, because I have always believed that when I start something, I would always feel the need to finish it and back then I always do.  But then again, people change and there are some unfortunate events in life that takes away your confidence and courage to do the things that you need to do.
[Okay, I'm not suicidal, I promise. Even if I might sound like one because of these words.]

When I was younger, I would always list goals that I would try to accomplish by the end of the year. Some I accomplish, Some I don't. Well, I guess that's life. I believe that if its not for you, it will never be yours and if it is, the universe will always find a way to give it to you.  That being said, I am always disappointed because I don't get to scratch off most of the items on my list before the year ends.  But right now, I have something that doesn't make me worry.  I have faith.  I have faith that everything that I ever wish or hope for will fall into place at its right time.  Sometimes, I believe in luck. But I know its just an excuse for my lack of initiative.  But now, I believe in "Just doing it".  If you want something, go get it. Period.  If you want to accomplish something, go do it. Period.  There's no sense in waiting if not for a good reason.

I know it may be a little too late but I'm a person who never says its too late. =)  I would like to share my 2013 goals.  I'm going to be honest, I was kind of hesitant to share this but I just want to, hoping that it may inspire others to set their own and always think positive as I for one, have lost all hope and almost fell into bitterness but great things come if you just believe.  A friend of mine once told me that I should choose happiness to get rid of all the stress in my life.  Never think too much. Believe that everything will be okay.  Believe that if you do this, you're one step closer today to what you want to become or what you want to accomplish than you were yesterday.
So, I'll say no more and just reveal my list. Drum roll please...

Return to Faith:  I have lost faith countless of times but faith always make way for me to come back to believing in God in ways I could only describe with one word and that is "amazing".  I have been touched by his grace and I am proud to say that currently, I am trying to learn more.  I am trying to understand his wisdom and words and I always try to make use of these to make my self a better person. 

Return to Art: When I was younger I used to draw all the time. Now that I got older, not so much. I stopped for a brief moment in High School and when I went to college, the temporary became permanent for a while.  I tried drawing again some time in college, tried to squeeze in a little project from time to time but to no avail.  I still couldn't get the routine going. So now, I'm currently struggling to pump my creative juices and start drawing again.  This is something that I promised my self last year, 2013 will be fruitful with lots of artworks and ideas.  So, I started drawing again and now I'm watercolour painting :)  I found an art blog online and got inspired to try it. I was afraid at first but then I packed up the courage to try and I'm glad I did. I'm still in the learning process though :).  And then, I stopped again. for about three months now. I've been busy lately. T.T

Return to Music:  Would you believe that I used to play the guitar? Yes, I USED to. When I was 14 years old, I wanted to become a rockstar! Lol just kidding =) I bugged my sisters to teach how to play, even my mom.  Then they tried and I became the worst student ever. Haha Then one of my cousins stepped in, he tried to teach me but he was really harsh. He would flick my fingers if I strum a chord that does not produce any sound. [Harsh -_-] Then my mom went next and all she did is tell me to practice it every day and I will eventually get it.  There came a time when I stopped practicing, I just gave up. Which is weird because just when I was about to give up on learning, Voila! I got it! I was like "finally! I'm playing the freakin' guitar!" After that, I didn't stop playing.  I would play and sing along every day.  And then when I was 18, an unfortunate event happened. The house where I grew up burned down and I didn't manage to save most of my belongings, then I never picked up a guitar again, up until now.  So this year, I would like to play again.  I want to return to music in the sense of not just listening to it but also playing the notes my self. And singing along with it of course =) I need to buy a guitar first of course.

Plan the future: Okay, so after a bunch of returns to past hobbies and activities, this one is something that talks about moving forward. Planning the future.  When I entered college, my plan was to just finish it, get a job, period.  Now, 4 years later. I have been working for the same company for three years now and I am starting to see a blurred future ahead of me.  Don't get me wrong, I like my job right now. There are just some times when I get weary doing the same old routine everyday.  I need to make a plan.  I know I'm not going to be an employee forever. So, I promise my self to draft a plan for the next five years or so.  Should I consider looking for another job next year? Should I consider a change in career? Should I start my own business? and so on and so forth. Of all the things listed here, I think this is going to be the most difficult to do.  Time flies by so fast and I still haven't started on a draft of my plans for next year.  Oh well, I believe in its own time everything will work out exactly how God planned it for me. =) I just need to have faith.

Wants vs. Needs: The discipline with money:  The most common problem of all. Or is it just me. >.<  I've had money problems since I was a student but there were days that I save up too. But see that's the problem, it seems that I only save money when there's something that I'm saving it for. But in general, you know the whole "don't be foolish and spend all your money whenever you like" and "be wise, save up now" stuff is not just getting to me. Which is surprising, considering I'm an adult who has bills to pay.  So, I need to carve this in my brain if I have to. Metaphorically speaking.

Start travelling:  I have always wanted to travel. Go in different places. Mingle with different people. Get lost somewhere. Ask a stranger for directions.  Visit white sand beaches.  Eat delicacies and good food. =) But then the fear of getting lost always hinders me to go try it.  But this year, I have finally tried going to a very very far place. Say, Visayas Region of the Philippines? Well, that's the farthest I've ever been. Yes, Last June, a friend, I, and her friends travelled to Cebu and Bohol for some adventure. =)  It was fun and I really enjoyed it. But my wallet didn't enjoy it as much as I did.  Travelling needs budget so I think I'll be limiting my travel with 3-4 times a year. Yup, I think that's just about right. =)  The purpose of this is to get rid my fear of flying, my fear of talking to strangers, my fear of getting lost in an unfamiliar place, etc. hoping it'll make a stronger, better person someday.  I found this online not too long ago, if you're like me who always hesitated to travel, I think you should read this: 3 Reasons to Travel While Young, An article by Jeff Goins, Reblogged by Teacher Mia Travels

Collect Memories. Not stuff!: I had this stupid habit of getting attached to things. Until one day, all of my stuff was turned into ash when the house I grew up in for 10 years burned down.  I had mixed feelings that day.  But I've learned my lesson. Ever since that day, I buy stuff, I use them, whenever they broke I always tell my self "Anything that has form breaks down someday". Then I got less and less attached to my stuff. Same goes with buying too expensive shoes, clothing, art materials, etc.  I always tell my self that I'd rather go on a trip or eat out with friends than buy a pair of shoes or clothes that I'll only wear once or twice (unless I have an important meeting or event to attend to).  I've changed my perspective into collecting memories and experiences, rather than stuff! :)"

Manage time more efficiently:  I'm a terrible time manager. I always feel the need to procrastinate especially when I'm tired or just not in the mood. This has always been a problem since I was a student. But now that I'm all grown up, it seems that my day to day schedule has always been the same. The pattern: Wake up - Take a bath - Eat - Go to work - Work - Go home - Eat - Sleep. Its a terrible routine if you ask me. There was actually a time when I just had enough stress to rant about how tired I am and how boring my life has become. But I know its my fault for letting the routine become a habit.  So, this year I decided to allot time for doing some art at home after work, travel, mingle with friends, attend exhibits, visit museums, learn new stuff (like watercolour painting and crochet), and the list goes on. So far, so good. Yet I had to stop but I'll keep on trying.

So there you have it. My list of goals for this year. Its a bit too late I know. I've been meaning to post this last July but I've been busy with work and other stuff.  These may be just small stuff to some people but I believe that some of the small things are also important in this world. =)
How about you? Any goals you set for your self this year?

♫  " Its been a while.. since I could.. held my head up high..  ♫ 

~ Its been a while - Staind



No comments:

Post a Comment