//Art Li and Stuff: From Skeuomorphism to Flat Design

Monday, September 2, 2013

From Skeuomorphism to Flat Design


Well Hello September! Time sure flies by so fast...  when you're busy (-.-), which what I was for these past few weeks. I almost forgot about my blog. Hehe Just kidding! >.<

Anyways, I've been busy with some design stuff lately. Been creating website designs and trying out crowd sourcing, which is a pain if you ask me but I'm learning. I think. I am currently being asked to change the way I design websites. I'm not really fond of changes but if its for my own good, why complain, right? So goodbye web 2.0 and Skeuomorphism. Hello FLAT | Essential design. :)

Flat design is on the rise in the industry lately because of the popularity of smart phones and tablets and the company I work for needs to compete so my colleagues and I were a little challenged. Or maybe that's just me. I don't really like solid colors and huge texts and white spaces which is what Flat design is all about. You can browse a whole lot of examples online.  I find it challenging specially with color schemes and typography because its going to be the main focus of the design.  You can incorporate icons too instead of photos. The challenge is to make MORE with less, which means NO to gradients, NO to patterns, NO to drop shadows, NO to glossy buttons, NO to heavy textured backgrounds, and the list goes on.  We can still make some of these but it has to be very, very, very subtle. 

Its a bit challenging for me, but I'm still here. Alive and kicking and trying to learn more. Still thinking positive. I have to accept that this is the trend now and be glad that the company I work for is starting to adapt it.

So, that's just it. I just want to rant about it. Been wanting to for the past month.
I just didn't want the wrong words to come out. I'm thinking positive =)
If you want to see some of my current web designs, you could visit my 99designs profile page.

Have a good day everyone! ^.^

♫  " I don't want to lose you now.. I'm looking right at the other half of me.. 
The vacancy that sat in my heart.. Is a space that now you hold.. Show me how to fight for now..
  And I'll tell you baby it was easy.. Comin' back into you once I figured it out.. You were right here all along..♫ 
~ Mirrors - Justin Timberlake


2 comments: