//Art Li and Stuff: Hinagdanan Cave

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Hinagdanan Cave

Our last stop of the tour for the day is the Hinagdanan "laddered" Cave.  When I saw how small the entrance is, I was a little discouraged to enter. But when I saw how beautiful this limestone cave is, I'm glad I did.  The cave is made of limestone and has a deep lagoon and many stalagmites and stalactites.  It was a little slippery walking in the cave but I'm glad that as clumsy as I am I didn't slipped.  Most of the photos on this post were not really taken by me.  I was only able to take a few and our tour guide took over. Haha  But I must say, his shots look great. =)


Hinagdanan Cave Panglao Island, Bohol
Copyright © June 2013


Hinagdanan Cave Panglao Island, Bohol
Copyright © June 2013


The deep lagoon.  I read online that this used to be a swimming spot but today they don't allow it anymore because of the pollutants present in the water
Panglao Island Nature Resort & Spa Panglao Island, Bohol
Copyright © June 2013


Panglao Island Nature Resort & Spa Panglao Island, Bohol
Copyright © June 2013


Some of the ancient markings found on the walls of the cave.  Locals didn't really know who made these or if any tribe or group of people even lived in the cave in the past.
Panglao Island Nature Resort & Spa Panglao Island, Bohol
Copyright © June 2013


Photo on the left is the narrow entrance and photo on the right is me touching the water in the lagoon :)
Panglao Island Nature Resort & Spa Panglao Island, Bohol
Copyright © June 2013

This cave is just wonderful.  I think nature is the best architect there is.  After we finished touring here we went on to a souvenir shop to buy our pasalubong for the folks home.  And that's just about it.  Our tour in Bohol was over,  how time passes by so fast. I had lots of fun and had good food at the resort we're staying.

I had mixed feelings leaving this place. It just felt that 2 days of tour was not enough. Hehe Well, the memories are what matter and Bohol gave me such beautiful ones. Thank you Bohol and see you again soon.
~ (●´∀`●) ~


No comments:

Post a Comment