//Art Li and Stuff: Happy Independence Day Folks!

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Happy Independence Day Folks!


(trans: I'm a Filipino)
Copyright © July 2010

June 12, 1898.
The day Emilio Aguinaldo declared the Philippine Independence from the Spanish colonial rule.

In commemorating the day, here is an artwork I did almost 3 years ago. I couldn't find the original file (no watermark) so I ended up using the one uploaded on my DeviantArt account.

I watched the film El Presidente last year and its based on the life of the first president of the Philippines (Emilio Aguinaldo). It was actually like my Philippine History book coming to life. I remember when I was a kid, I never liked history but when I went to college, my professor taught in a way I got a little interested. (And also, the fact that I like her may have added some points) I mean, not knowing the history of your own country is a little embarrassing, don't you think? Well, I respect and admire the courage my ancestors had back when they tried and successfully freed the Philippines from colonization. And to this day, its been 115 years. Kudos to all the heroes and may the Philippines be always free in the years to come.
feeling patriotic : (`・ω・´)ゞ


No comments:

Post a Comment