//Art Li and Stuff: Bohol | Cebu 2013

Monday, June 24, 2013

Bohol | Cebu 2013

I just came home yesterday from a 4-day tour in Bohol and Cebu. This is the first time I went to the Visayas Region of my country even though I basically lived here my entire life and the fact that my mom was born and raised in Ilo-Ilo but I've never set foot there. This is also the farthest I've ever been away from home, so far. :)


View from the top at 5 am :)
Copyright © June 2013

Its June so we were a bit concerned about the weather. It was raining really hard for a few days and we feared our flight may be delayed or worse, get cancelled. But Manila, Cebu, and Bohol has been kind and gave out a warm sunshine just in time for the trip and we're glad we didn't come to making the decision of cancelling it.

Our first stop was Bohol. After landing in Mactan International Airport, we went to the pier and took a ferry going to Tagbilaran City and there we met our tour guide Kuya Ruel. 

The first day was the Country Side Tour.
The places we went to:

Bilar Man-made Forrest
Simply Butterfly Conservation Center
Chocolate Hills
Tarsier Conservation Area
Loboc River Cruise
Baclayon Church

On the second day, we hit the beach. Yeah! :) 
The places we went to:

Dauis Church
Bohol Bee Farm
Panglao Island Nature Resort
Hinagdanan Cave

On the third day, we took a ferry going back to Cebu and stayed at a Hotel in Cebu City.
My friend and I didn't really like the city because of the same old buildings, traffic and establishments. (I mean you can see all that here in Manila.) When we got there, we wanted to go back to Bohol T.T
But we drowned our disappointments with food. Food.. Glorious food..
We had dinner at Zubuchon. Yum Yum :) And got a back massage at Nuat Thai 

On the fourth day, we went to see the Basilica del Sto. Niño. One of the most beautiful Catholic Church I've ever seen.  We also visited Cebu Metropolitan Cathedral. And the Magellan's Cross. We had lunch at Abuhan Pochero. Yum Yum :) and the DIY. ehem. short tour we did in Cebu ended with a visit to SM Cebu. So we only went there to visit churches, get a massage, eat our hearts out and go stroll in the mall. haha (-_-)

Bohol is such a beautiful place. And I would really like to go back there. Hehe :)
As for Cebu, it really is a shame that I didn't get a chance to visit New Susing's Guitar :(
Hayy.. Next time, maybe. XD


Bohol and Cebu 2013 Visit ~
Copyright © June 2013

I have like 600 photos from the trip. I'm currently trying to filter all of it. I'm not sure how long that's going to take but I'm going to post most of them on my flickr account and try to write different posts about every place that we visited for the next few days. Before June ends, I hope. :)

I didn't really enjoy the plane ride because I'm a paranoid freak. And the flight home was really bumpy but I'm really glad to have been a part of this adventure. Special thanks to my friend B for inviting me and her friends for the great company :)

♫  " Show me your fears.. Show me your scars.. I'll take whatever's left of your heart..  ♫ 
~ Kaleidescope - The Script


No comments:

Post a Comment