//Art Li and Stuff: Art Li: Canna Flower

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Art Li: Canna Flower

I haven't painted anything recently. I'm on day shift and I don't really like painting at night. I don't know, I just don't. I was on night shift last last week, so I paint in the morning when I get home from work
but for the next three weeks, I'd only be able to paint on weekdays (ToT)

 I bought new brushes (yet again). I read somewhere online that synthetic ones doesn't hold much water than the ones with hair, sable for instance. So I bought some sable haired brushes to give them a try.
I got Hans brushes 2 and 3 and they're a bit pricey.

Art Li and Stuff - Hans Brushes

Hans Brushes
Copyright © April 2013

And here's what I painted today.

Art Li and Stuff - Canna flower watercolour painting

Canna flower watercolour painting
Copyright © April 2013


Here's a closer look:

Art Li and Stuff - Canna flower watercolour painting WIP

Canna flower watercolour painting WIP
Copyright © April 2013

I'm not really sure if its my stroke that went wrong here or the color.
I used the new brushes and I feel like there's something wrong with it. (︶︹︺)

It didn't seem that the new brushes held more water than the synthetic ones. I also bought a brush that is used in Japanese Ink Painting (I think) and it definitely held a lot more water than the other ones.

I want to paint some more but I don't have the time. (┳Д┳)
I hope I'd be able to keep up with this Artwork Daily of mine. [My fingers are crossed] =)

I'll try finishing up the New Vector Project I started by next week then I'll be trying illustrations (again).
Good luck to me! ( ̄◇ ̄)

♫  "Say my name.. I've got to take my chance to change your heart.. Everything will be alright tonight..
Yes I am.. so keep on walking, go out through the door.. ushiru muri mukazu ni ikou " ♫ 
~ Yes I am - One OK Rock

Art Li and Stuff - End of post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment